SPG is excited to be expanding its Adult Speech Services Program. Our clinic provides consultations, evaluations, therapy, family counseling and support, and collaboration with other professionals in an effort to address individual/family needs.
We can assist in treating a variety of communication issues resulting from stroke or head injury/surgery (Aphasia/Apraxia), cochlear implant rehabilitation, neurologically-based voice disorders such as Parkinson's, e.g. Lee Silverman Voice Technique (LSVT-LOUD Program), dementia, or stuttering.
Therapy can be provided individually or in a small group setting.
Adult Services provided by the Speech Pathology Group include:
• Identifying needs/interests/hobbies/strengths to personalize therapy
• Including caregiver training/support
• Using pictures to facilitate language/conversation
• Creating an individualized notebook as a reference tool
• Accessing resources (e.g., books, websites, music)
• Using breathing techniques to become aware of and control the inhalation and exhalation of air (a building block of communication)
• Exploring alternative modes of communication (e.g., writing, drawing, singing)
• Using visual and auditory feedback devices to aid in speech sound production (e.g., mirror, voice recorder, sound pressure meter)
• Fostering a success-oriented treatment atmosphere.
You Should Hear What They're Saying About Us... Click here to find out!